Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Book Reviews for this Nine Weeks


  • Last of the Breed by Louis L'amour was the best book I have read this semester. The main thing that intrested me was the outdoor perspective of the books he writes and in this book. I absolutely love being in the woods in the winter time. The cool crisp air, the clean feel of the snow, and the absolutely beautiful view up on my mountain entice me to keep this longing for the outdoors. (635 pgs.) 3 books.

  • The Awakening by Kate Chopin: I didn't like this book the first time I looked at it. But, it grew on me as I began to understand the stand she took through the plot and story of this book. Chopin's talent in writing is shown with how much symbolizm she can cram into a single paragraph and even a sentence. My views on women in the civil rights movement during the Victorian Age changed drastically after seeing the whole picture and how much women suffered before actual rights. 1 Book
  • The Call of the Wild by Jack London interested me mainly because of the historical context and the setting. With the setting close to the arctic circle survival was obviously an aspect of this plot. I love any book that incorporates the outdoors into the setting, and brings out the knowledge and wisdom these pioneers needed when they were out in the deep wilderness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might enjoy reading Into the Wild, a modern outdoorsy book.